Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Japanese BBQ

I've been meaning to wax poetic on my recent discovery of Japanese BBQ restaurants for a few days now, but every time I try I get lost in flashbacks.

I had no idea what I was getting into when I accepted a friend's suggestion to try a Japanese BBQ restaurant on my birthday.  It was only on arrival that I found out we had to cook our own food!

Each table has it's own grill built into it.  They bring you tongs, and thinly sliced marinated meats and seafood, and off you go, you do the rest yourself.  Veggies in foil packets can also be grilled.


This meat is so good, I think it could convert a vegetarian.  I think it's the best meat I have ever tasted in my life.  We had two marinated beef cuts of some sort, marinated shrimp, and Kobe beef that you dip in sauce after grilling.  I loved them all, but the marbled richness of the Kobe beef was especially good.

Wonderful stuff.  I don't even have the words to describe it.  I'll definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment