Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A reasonable facsimile of Korea: M*A*S*H hike part 1

The outdoor scenes for M*A*S*H were filmed at the 20th Century Fox ranch, which has since been combined with other land previously owned by Ronald Reagan (his ranch) and Bob Hope to create Malibu Creek State Park.

You can hike to the site of the M*A*S*H camp.  I've been meaning to do this since last year and finally got around to it.  I finally did on Feb. 21.

This park is beautiful.  Here are some photos from the trail.


Can't you imagine Klinger coming around the corner here driving a jeep?






These are the mountains the helicopter flies by in the opening credits:



The clouds were beautiful the day I hiked:








This is pretty close to the site:



... and, if you want to see the photos from the site itself, you'll just have to wait until the next post.   I take so many photos on these hikes, it takes me a while to go through them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment