Saturday, July 30, 2011

Leaving Ellesmere Island

OK, I have to admit, I actually left Ellesmere Island 3 weeks ago.  I've been a bit of a slacker in the past couple of weeks with updating the blog, but I still have some pics to show you from my flight home.

The weather was fantastic on July 9, when I flew out of Grise Fiord.  Here is the town on take off:


That's the Greenlander mountain in the middleground, the entrance to the fiord is to the left:


Grise Fiord (the fiord):


Isn't it beautiful?  They even pay me money to be on these flights.  And since it was a Saturday, they paid me overtime!  You can see a couple of glaciers in the photo below:


More fiords and ice as we follow the southern coast of Ellesmere Island:


Lots of glaciers now in the background mountains:


The ones below are of the south cape of Ellesmere Island:




Still more glaciers:



And the last look at the south coast of Ellesmere as we head across Jones Sound to cross Devon Island.  Lots of glaciers:


I'll show you some Devon Island photos, and the Mars on Earth site on Devon Island as seen from the air, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment