Thursday, November 7, 2019

A stop in Inuvik, and home to Ottawa

Due to flight schedules, I had to overnight in Inuvik on September 10.  I took just a few photos while out on my walk that evening.  Here is the iconic igloo church:


Downtown Inuvik:


Home Hardware, on the outskirts of town:


The polar bear at the airport.  He looks kind of surprised or frightened:


I had to overnight in Edmonton.  I stayed at the airport Renaissance hotel, here is a photo from my window of the front of the terminal:


These 5 photos are from my flight home to Ottawa on September 12.  These fields are just east of Edmonton:


Over the prairies we had cloudy skies almost until we were over Ontario.  Here are some lakes in northwestern Ontario:


Meech Lake in Gatineau Park, just north of Ottawa:


Here's Ottawa.  We're still so high in altitude, and it's such a clear day, that a lot of the city is visible in this one:


Mud Lake and Britannia Beach, as we flew over the Ottawa river.  My old apartment building is in that cluster of high-rises in the upper left part of the photo.


This is the Rideau River as we are about to land from the west:


That concludes my short trip to the NWT.  I hope to go back, I liked working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment