Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Sachs Harbour

It's taken me a while to get back here to post my photos, but I did eventually make it to Sachs Harbour.  I was there in early September.  The weather was beautiful while I was there ... until the day I was to leave of course, and then the fog came in.

The photos are all taken between Sept 2 and 10, 2019.  The first is of the east end of town:


This is the cemetery:


East end of town again, from a slightly different angle:



These were taken around noon at the end of Mary Sachs road, which runs around 4 km west of town and ends up at the beach.  The first 2 photos are of a tidal pond, the one after is the beach itself out that way:




These were taken from the beach in front of town:



I don't know the history of this building, but it's at the western edge of town, looks like it was a museum at some point, maybe for cruise ship passengers:


These last two were taken on take-off as I headed back to Inuvik on my way home:



No comments:

Post a Comment