Monday, August 26, 2019

Flight from Iqaluit to Resolute, July 17, 2019

I did another work trip to Grise Fiord from July 17 to August 10.  I got some good photos on the flights, so I thought I should update my sadly neglected blog.

The first couple are of the airport in Iqaluit on takeoff:



River just north of Iqaluit:


I loved the pattern of these clouds over Baffin Island, around halfway between Iqaluit and Pond Inlet:


A river canyon as we approach Pond Inlet:


River near Pond Inlet:


Our plane on the ground in Pond Inlet:


Got some views of the glaciers in Sirmilik National Park as we flew out of Pond Inlet:



These photos are as we approach Arctic Bay (the flight was a bit of a milk run, which is good for sightseeing):



There is a waterfall in this photo, but it seems to go underground as it's not visible going over the cliffs:




I took this from the front steps of the airport terminal in Arctic Bay:


Next four photos are of the Uluksan Peninsula, flying out of Arctic Bay:


The St. George Society Cliffs:




Crossing a last lobe of Baffin Island before we head over the arctic ocean to Resolute:


Some broken up ice:


This is from my evening walk in Resolute, from the top of the hill behind town, looking southwest:


There is not a lot of vegetation around Resolute, but here are some tiny flowers on the hill:


View of Resolute from the hill:


I'll be back soon with some photos from my flight on July 19 to Grise Fiord.

No comments:

Post a Comment