Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Drive to Sequoia National Park

Back in August I went to Sequoia National Park in California.  As usual, I took too many pictures, so many that I think that might be why I have been resisting going through them and posting some!  But here you go.  I'll divide the trip up into several posts, so to start off, here are some photos from the drive there, leaving from Los Angeles.  (I was a passenger, I didn't snap and drive!)

Driving through mountains north of L.A.:







After you leave those mountains, you drive in a wide flat valley for a long time, and I didn't really take pictures, nothing interesting to see, just highway.  So we pick up again after we have turned east and are headed for Sequoia park- it's in those mountains you can see off in the distance:


Coming into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains:





Mountains getting taller...


Snow covered peaks in the distance, even in August:



This is a bad photo as it was off to the left of the car, it's of a lake:


We're there!  Here's the gate to Sequoia National Park:


Stay tuned... I'll be back soon (really!) with more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment