Sunday, September 1, 2019

August in Grise Fiord: Ice and a cruise ship

I just have a few photos from August in Grise Fiord.

Here are a few of ice that came ashore with the tide on August 2:






On Saturday, August 3, the cruise ship L'Austral came to town.  Here are some of the passengers heading off on a short walking tour.  They are all wearing a coat that has a grab-handle on the back, I guess in case anyone falls overboard on the boats that bring them to shore:







On August 4, the tides were really low, and I took a walk into the bay next to town that had a lot of the bottom exposed that is usually under water.  Here are some photos of the ice that was beached along the shore:






And that is it for my photos, or the interesting ones at least, from August in Grise Fiord.  I got some good pictures on the flight out as well, I'll be back with those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment