Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blowing snow

It's not very cold here today, but windy!  I was out for a walk around 9 am and got some pictures, I'm hoping for better weather another day to go out and get some more, today was overcast when I was out with very strong wind gusts.

This is the view from my living room window (mountains partially obscured by weather):


Let's go around town on a little walking tour.  Here's one of the churches:


This is the house where I'm staying.  My unit is the one on the far left of the building, next to the little white SUV:


The mountains behind town, looking very atmospheric today:


The backs of some houses, next to the school:


Looking down a street.  The house on the left has some seal skins being stretched for drying at the side of the house:



Qikiqtarjuaq from across the harbour.  The mountains are mostly obscured by cloud and snow:


Here's the front of the school, it's being added onto on two sides:


The health centre:


Here's the view down main street.  That's the Hamlet office on the left.


So that's Qikiqtarjuaq in some pretty authentic arctic weather conditions!  I hope the weather is better tomorrow, if it is I'll try to get some better pictures of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment