Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm going to Qikiqtarjuak


I got a call today for a short last-minute contract in Qikiqtarjuak.  I've been there twice before.  Every time I've gone there it's been for a short last-minute contract.  I'll leave this Thursday (March 25) and should be back on Easter Monday (April 5).

I'll have a camera with me and my laptop, so I hope to blog a bit while I am there, so check back now and then for the next couple of weeks.  I never really got any good pictures in Qik, as my visits were short and during the dark season.

It should be warming up there- I checked the weather and it's supposed to be -25 or so on Thursday (brrrrrr!) but over the weekend might go as high as -3.  I'll live.  Now that we've passed the equinox the days will be longer there than down here, but Qik isn't in the far north (kind of 1/3 of the way up Baffin Island) so at this time of year there won't be a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment