Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Texas Panhandle

Some photos from the road through the Texas panhandle.  I really loved the wide open spaces.



I took the next two at a rest stop:



I think the rest stop below was the only one along Interstate 40 westbound through the panhandle.  It's beautiful- seems like they built one big one instead of multiple small ones.  This one is also a tornado shelter.


Lots of interesting sights along the road, I mostly don't get a chance to click the camera at them.  This leaning water (?) tower caught my eye:


There are lots of derelict gas stations and restaurants along the road that look like they were built in the 1960's.  The garage below looked like it's still in use though:


Don't know what was burning below- it was a short quick fire:


This is coming into the eastern side of Amarillo:


Grain elevator (I think) among other buildings:


Almost at the border of New Mexico:

No comments:

Post a Comment