Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bike Ride, Part 1: heading north from my apartment

I took to the streets of Hollywood and West Hollywood this morning on my bike, and took pictures too. It was hot, not sure what temperature (somewhere in the 80's maybe, since it was only 9 am), but sweat-generating on two wheels.

I'll break the photos into segments to make them easier to post (the blogger interface is a bit of a nuisance in dealing with photos!)

Here are some from my ride up Martel Avenue into West Hollywood, which is just north of me. Martel is really an extension of my street (Hauser Blvd.), it just changes names north of Third Ave.

See, this is what biking on the residential streets of Los Angeles is like, it's not so gruesome, is it?


I think in the one below I'm approaching the intersection with Beverly Blvd.:

In the one below I'm starting to get a good view of the Hollywood hills:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful neoghbourhood! Palm trees beat maples in my book! :-)

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to have some maples though! Not sure what type, different from home for sure, but there are either maples or a very good imposter on the streets here.

    ReplyDelete