Thursday, September 17, 2009

Arrived alive!

OK, I’m getting out of order with my trip, but I’m here!

It’s true what they say about LA traffic, it’s insane.
That said, I made it here in one piece, and navigated many interesting interchanges on the way.

I like my apartment, except for the fact that it has no fu
rniture yet. They have furnished apartments but they cost $3300+ a month, so I instead rented a $1750 (I know, rents are high here, but I’m in a great location) 1-bedroom and will buy a few pieces of cheap furniture, probably at the thrift store. I’ll just donate it back when I leave.

It’s a gated complex, with real locked gates, even for
pedestrians. The streets have a quiet, community feel to them, there are people and families hanging out at the fountains in the evening. It’s nicely landscaped, with mature trees everywhere.

Here are a couple of views from my apartment- it’s great, an unobstructed view facing east towards downtown and the mountains, and the observatory at Griffith park up in the hills.

I’ll be back soon to tell more about my trip through the mountains and Utah, with some photos.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. You made it. Any good ice cream shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I like the concept of gated communities. How about pictures of the inside and the pool? Talk to you soon! -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying reading your blog. It is well written. Don't forget to give credit to your unsuspecting neighbour with the unprotected wireless internet connection! Without it, we would have to wait until next week to read your blog... :-)

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete