Friday, September 18, 2009

Utah was incredible!

Utah was definitely the most dramatic and beautiful landscape on the trip. The scenery changed around every corner, too, different rocks and different shapes. Luckily, although this was the scary "no services for 100+ miles" part of the trip, there were lots of places they'd made to pull off the road for viewing and picture taking.
The one above is called the "St. Rafael Reef". It's a lot wider than this.
Above is the "Black Dragon". Not sure if the dragon is the one on the left or the right!
I think the one above was at the area called "Ghost Rock", but the "ghost" is not in the photo I don't think.
I forget the name of the spot from the photo above, something about eagles?

I have few more but I'm on an unpredictable internet connection right now (my own connection comes next Monday, so I just surf for now on the spotty unsecured WiFi that drifts by), so I'll post this for now, better than nothing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... Stunning! You don't see this around here! -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery in Utah is magnificent - I highly recommend hiking in Bryce Canyon and Arches National Park if you get the chance. Death Valley in California is another surreal landscape place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular scenery on the west coast, in both Canada and the US. I definitely want to explore more the the western US at some point...nice pics!

    ReplyDelete