Sunday, September 13, 2009

My big cultural experience

On Sept. 10 I drove out of Ohio, across Indiana and into Illinois. I stayed in Vandalia, IL, and right behind the hotel was a Walmart Supercenter, so I moseyed on over. It took about 10 minutes to cross the huge parking lot on foot, and I suspect I might be the first person to ever arrive under her own steam. Despite the parking lot being almost empty, the cars were drawn to me like flies, I must have been accidentally walking in their usual parking-lot migratory routes. The place was huge- I only visited the food section and it was as big as a medium-large grocery store back home. Here's a photo taken from my hotel room:

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tech, I'm here and ready to read about your journey. Thanks for sharing it. TC7

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gal with the same birthday as you.September 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM

    Maybe this is where the Simpsons got the term "Sprallmart" from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a Wal-Mart after the nuclear holocaust...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dan here, keep on bloggin, itll be fun to hear from you........ And our walmart is about 1/8 the size of that monster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff is right... In my case, it reminds me of that mall where people were hiding from the Zombies in the movie which title I forgot...

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete