Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 8: through Nashville and Knoxville

I'm in Bulls Gap tonight.  Had a good drive today, still sunny and perfect, feels like Ottawa in April.  The hills of Tennessee look exactly like the Joan Baez songs describe.  Here are some pics from the road, from west to east:

 

  

  

  

 

Had a fantastic view of the Smoky mountains just east of Knoxville- tried a photo but it didn't turn out (only about 25% of my photos turn out, since I am looking at the road and not at the camera!).

Nashville was another somewhat difficult city to navigate, although it was easier than Memphis had been.  Just had to stay alert to stay on the right road, it split every couple of minutes, five times.  Knoxville was easy, but a lot bigger than I had expected.

Heading north into Virginia tomorrow.  I'll be staying in Harrisonburg for the night, and might go see some caves on Sunday morning if weather permits.  There seems to be a window of sunshine following me north between storms though, I've been lucky so far, and my luck is forecasted to hold, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment