Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leaving Friday for Grand Canyon and Canada

I lose my internet connection in a few hours, so I thought I'd let you all know I'm leaving Friday morning for Ottawa.  I'll be stopping at the Grand Canyon for the weekend, and probably Meteor Crater, and anything else in Arizona that time allows (there's lots to see there, but I only want to spend 3 days max. there so that I'm not too rushed on the way home, so probably that's all I'll have time for.) 

Then I drive Interstate 40 to 81, up into Canada.  I'm hoping the weather is good, but if there are any storms, I've built 5 extra days into the schedule in case I got delayed somewhere.  I'll probably use half of one of those days to see Graceland, since it too is on the way home, the highway goes right through Memphis.  I'll probably arrive in Canada on March 1.  I try not to drive too many hours in a day, especially when I'm travelling alone.

I'll update on my blog when I get the chance... I should be able to post a quick note now and then, and will try to post daily if I can (I usually have internet in the hotels).  I plan to take pictures in Arizona, but probably won't have time to post a lot of them while on the road, but you never know.

So don't go away, even if I am going away!  See you on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment