Saturday, December 19, 2009

Red Rock Canyon, Nevada

Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is just west of the suburbs of Las Vegas.  There's a 17 mile long scenic road, and accessible along this road, and the highway that leads to it, are 23 different hiking trails. 

The Calico Hills (the red and white smooth rocks in the photos) are very popular with climbers.  I don't know if you can see any in these photos, but we could see them all over the place as tiny little ant-like humans moving up the sides of the rocks.

These photos are from the scenic drive.  I'll do separate posts on the hiking trails we did, so stay tuned.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I didn't get there when I was in Vegas in March, but it's on the list for my next trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Great photos...I couldn't see the little ant-sized climbers though.

    ReplyDelete