Monday, December 28, 2009

White Domes, Valley of Fire

Is anyone falling asleep yet from my endless Nevada photos?  I hope you're enjoying them.  These aren't quite the last of them, either!  This hike was one of the more interesting ones though, through a really cool (in both senses of the word) slot canyon.

This is at the start of the trail, descending down towards the canyon:



 

 

 

Here we're going into the canyon:

 

 

Does it ever get skinny!  I just loved it in there.

 

 

...and out the other side.  Here's the landscape on the way back to the trailhead:

 

 

 

 

Look, another arch rock off to the right...

 

I just love the landscape below, so surreal to my eastern Canadian eyes:

 

Stick around, there's still more Nevada to come...

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I STILL can't get enough of those south-western scenes, so keep them coming! Really beautiful stuff. I wish I could go back to that area again, but alas we get only three weeks vacation a year. I'll just have to be content to visit through you, for now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete