Friday, October 9, 2009

My apartment

This is the back of my apartment building. I've circled my apartment in orange, you might have to click the photo to see a larger image to see the circle. It faces east.

Apartment living is a little different inside a gated complex. Since the grounds are surrounded by a wrought-iron fence, the buildings themselves aren't locked, and indeed, the doors are usually propped open with the breeze blowing through the main floor of the building. It gives a nice welcoming vibe on arrival. It also means no annoying security system via the phone, if a delivery guy has something for you, he just shows up at the door- and all delivery guys just leave boxes here outside your door if you're not home, I guess they don't have a problem with theft.

There are no screens on our windows. We don't have balconies either, but since we have lots of windows, and the weather is so perfect they are usually open, and there are no screens, it kind of feels like I am living in the great outdoors of California, even nine floors up! If you need to check the weather (and you don't), you just lean out the window and see how it feels.

With no screens, bugs fly in, but they fly out again too, I haven't had any accumulation, and no insect corpses, so they always find safe passage. I've found a couple of bird feathers by the windows, but have seen no birds inside while I am here!

Here are a few of the inside of the apartment- excuse the poor lighting, my photography skills are not great for indoor shots. The place is a little austere- I'm not buying much furniture unless I end up staying for a work contract!


3 comments:

  1. Nice roomy apartment...definitely austere furniture-wise! You could ride your bike around in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Its very Zen... I like the concept of gated communities. Should have more of it here: you also don't get bugged by anoying people like religious or political freaks or the anoying assortment of door to door beggars that you usually get at this time of the year!
    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Book Lover aka la KathOctober 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM

    Okay N,

    Get yourself a couch for your BD from the local thrift shop. You deserve it. If nothing else, a cozy chair to curl up in and read books is screaming out to be had. You'll still have lots of room to ride your bike around the apartment (very nice, big and sunny). I will send you a good book if you do purchase a cushy seat...let me know:)

    ReplyDelete