Sunday, October 18, 2009

They deliver mail on Saturdays!

Wow, another piece of culture shock- I came into the building through the mail room yesterday, and there was the mailman with all the boxes tipped open, distributing mail. I had wondered why I always seemed to have mail on Monday mornings, despite being pretty sure I'd checked the box sometime over the weekend (our mail gets delivered in the late afternoon).

What a great idea! Mail on Saturdays! One more thing to like about California.

1 comment:

  1. What? Public services actually serve the public? What a shocking concept.
    I guess unions are too powerfull here in Canada to allow workers to work. Would explain the low productivity...

    Got my birthday gift from Nancy last Tuesday. Took about half the time to ship to here from California than it took to ship the other way around...
    :-o

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete