Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pan Pacific Park

Compared to a city like Ottawa, Los Angeles doesn't have a lot of parks, at least not scattered throughout the city. It has some that look large and nice up in the hills, but I haven't made it out to those yet.

However, one of it's larger urban parks is handily located right across Third Ave. from my apartment complex. I'd walked past it many times, but today was the first time I went for a walk through it.

It's mostly a sports park, although it has walking trails shaded by trees running through it too. I didn't have my camera with me (my camera is a little too large; I feel like a junior paparazzi lugging it around, so it stays home more often than it should. I plan on getting a smaller, more inconspicuous one soon). However, I thoughtfully lifted this image from Google maps for you, click it to get a larger view.

The local population was thick on the ground, frantically recreating at activities like soccer, basketball, baseball, jogging, and birthday parties.

There's a community centre (I think that's what it is) at the north end of the park on Beverly Blvd. The Holocaust memorial is also at the north end, but it's blocked off, and according to some signs it sounds like it's in the process of being moved, I think they said to the site of the Holocaust Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment